I’ve started a new blog that’s specific to movies, looking at them with a technical eye: Let’s See This Work . It’s not so much about the technical construction of movies, but rather notes from a technical person on what movies are about. There’s a main post, STEM Movie List, that gives notes and links to films with Science / Technology / Engineering / Mathematics characters, but most of the posts are reviews of films and their themes. Others are analysis: The Funniest Screenwriter of All Time, Movie Inventors – Oddballs, or a summation of IMDB keywords in What Are Movies About? The older posts are carried over from this blog. Hope you enjoy them!
- Boston, City of Other People’s Bad Memories
- Plug For “Let’s See This Work – An Engineer At the Movies”
- How Did Wind Get So Cheap?
- The Auto Industry Does Its Bit
- When Modeling Goes Bad – “Weapons of Math Destruction”
- Weaponized Psychology Helped Elect Trump
- The Winningest SF Authors Are Women
- Assange is Winning
- Best Demos Ever
- Airborne LIDAR: Cool or Creepy?