- How Did Wind Get So Cheap?
- The Auto Industry Does Its Bit
- When Modeling Goes Bad – “Weapons of Math Destruction”
- Weaponized Psychology Helped Elect Trump
- The Winningest SF Authors Are Women
- Assange is Winning
- Best Demos Ever
- Airborne LIDAR: Cool or Creepy?
- How Space Science Might Have Gone
- Rebecca Leaf, Engineer Heroine from MIT
Tag Archives: avatar-ish
In one of those Hollywood coincidences, two recent movies, “Avatar” and “Surrogates” made use of the idea of remote-controlled bodies. In “Surrogates”, people had robot bodies that were so much better than real ones that no one went out in … Continue reading
The last post noted how Avatar’s director and writer, James Cameron, left off a key piece of info that would have explained a lot of mysteries in the movie – that unobtanium was a room-temperature superconductor. We’re still left with … Continue reading