- Mad Science #3: Land Mine Follies
- Is STEM Recruitment Working?
- Mad Science #2 – Zapping ICBMs with Nuke-Induced Radiation Belts
- Mad Science #1 – Soviet Space Station Rayguns
- The Least Substantial Lasts Longest
- Who Are the World’s Leading EEs?
- Recent Posts on Let’s See This Work
- The Engineering of Biology at MIT
- “The Earth After Us” – Humanity in Deep Time
- Boston, City of Other People’s Bad Memories
Tag Archives: avatar-ish
In one of those Hollywood coincidences, two recent movies, “Avatar” and “Surrogates” made use of the idea of remote-controlled bodies. In “Surrogates”, people had robot bodies that were so much better than real ones that no one went out in … Continue reading
The last post noted how Avatar’s director and writer, James Cameron, left off a key piece of info that would have explained a lot of mysteries in the movie – that unobtanium was a room-temperature superconductor. We’re still left with … Continue reading