- Who Are the World’s Leading EEs?
- Recent Posts on Let’s See This Work
- The Engineering of Biology at MIT
- “The Earth After Us” – Humanity in Deep Time
- Boston, City of Other People’s Bad Memories
- Plug For “Let’s See This Work – An Engineer At the Movies”
- How Did Wind Get So Cheap?
- The Auto Industry Does Its Bit
- When Modeling Goes Bad – “Weapons of Math Destruction”
- Weaponized Psychology Helped Elect Trump
Tag Archives: avatar-ish
In one of those Hollywood coincidences, two recent movies, “Avatar” and “Surrogates” made use of the idea of remote-controlled bodies. In “Surrogates”, people had robot bodies that were so much better than real ones that no one went out in … Continue reading
The last post noted how Avatar’s director and writer, James Cameron, left off a key piece of info that would have explained a lot of mysteries in the movie – that unobtanium was a room-temperature superconductor. We’re still left with … Continue reading