- Who Are the World’s Leading EEs?
- Recent Posts on Let’s See This Work
- The Engineering of Biology at MIT
- “The Earth After Us” – Humanity in Deep Time
- Boston, City of Other People’s Bad Memories
- Plug For “Let’s See This Work – An Engineer At the Movies”
- How Did Wind Get So Cheap?
- The Auto Industry Does Its Bit
- When Modeling Goes Bad – “Weapons of Math Destruction”
- Weaponized Psychology Helped Elect Trump
Tag Archives: inventing
In What Are the Most Inventive Countries, States, and Cities, I described how the inventors listed on US patents granted in 2014 were distributed geographically. The data came from Google XML files here, with a pile of Perl post-processing. Let’s … Continue reading
That is, in what places do the most inventors live? Let’s define an inventor as someone who gets their name on a patent. Let’s restrict it further to names on US patents, since the US system is much the largest … Continue reading
So the “Breaking Bad” TV series has ended, and with it the career of the chemist and criminal mastermind Walter White. It was nice in a macabre way to see a technical person portrayed as dangerous and alluring, rather than … Continue reading
There’s a great deal of talk in the political world these days about improving STEM education – Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. I’m not sure how Technology is different from Engineering, but it does improve the acronym. The US apparently … Continue reading